Here are a few interesting facts about The Three Stooges courtesy of ifc.com.
1. STOOGE PRODUCTIONS WERE THRIFTY.
Their sets were often leftovers from feature films.
2. CURLY WAS AN ACCOMPLISHED DANCER.
He often cut rugs at Brooklyn’s Triangle ballroom.
3. ONLY ONE SHORT FEATURES ALL FOUR HOWARD BROS.
Curly cameos as a sleeping train passenger!
4. CURLY’S RUNNING-IN-CIRCLES MOVE AS IMPROV.
He used it when he forgot his lines!
5. MOE NEVER HEARD HIS OWN SLAPS.
The sounds weren’t added until filming ended.
6. THE STOOGES GAVE LUCILLE BALL A BIG BREAK.
1934’s Three Little Pigskins was one of her first roles.
7. CURLY JOE WAS A FORMER CHILD STAR.
He started out in Vaudeville when he was seven.
8. LARRY’S HAIR WAS NATURALLY CURLY.
But he teased it out even more during filming.
9. LARRY PROBABLY FEARED FOUNTAIN PENS.
One once got stuck in his forehead during a shoot!
10. CURLY ONCE GOT SIX STITCHES ON HIS HEAD DURING FILMING.
He finished the shoot wearing a wig!
…for more facts about The Three Stooges: ifc,com
Three Stooges Singing the Alphabet
Three Stooges episode of the week…”Singing the Alphabet”
Move over Dr. Einstein and get ready for some unforgettable
extracurricular shenanigans from messrs. Moe, Larry and Curly!